They go bump in the night, feed on the blood of mammals, and are always travel-ready. We’re not talking about zombies; they’re even more hellish, and they can wreak a lot of havoc, despite their apple-seed size. You and I know them as bed bugs! These reddish brown, oval sized parasites have been around for centuries and can live for up to a year without feeding. Typically, they need 5 meals over 21 days during 5 “instars” (stages) of their development. Summer often sees a spike in bed bug cases; often due to the increase in travel. Hence, Bug & Weed Mart stores receive dozens of calls each week about bed bug extermination.
Despite their stubborn and persistent nature, it IS possible to eliminate these pests with DIY bed bug extermination. It does take some time and effort, but our DIY procedure will save you money and get the job done right.
We think you’d agree that an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. To learn what you can do to prevent or rid your home of an infiltration of these bloodsuckers, check out our list of DIY bed bug extermination tips:
- Invest in a quality mattress encasement; no one likes sleeping with the enemy.
- Travel with bed bug spray and detectors so you can sleep with peace of mind.
- Vacuum every inch of suspected fabrics, carpets, rugs. Remember to turn every furniture items upside down to thoroughly inspect.
- Use a magnifying lens and a powerful flashlight to inspect – adult bed bugs are easy to see; the nymphs appear as dust specks … until those specks move!
- Don’t sleep in other bedrooms after finding bed bugs, as they will follow you from room to room.
- Throwing away furniture is NOT a treatment. The bugs will still need to be dealt with.
- Know exactly what products to apply in the right spot. You will need multiple products, working together, and we will show you exactly how to apply them!
Our products are safe and professional strength. When applied correctly and thoroughly, they are effective in the fight against bed bugs.
We highly recommend do-it-yourself bed bug extermination, as nobody will be as thorough in your home as you. We have been successfully showing people how to get rid of bed bugs -THE RIGHT WAY– for over 10 years, and we can help you, too.
Come on in and visit any of our five Valley locations, six days a week, for personalized DIY pest control advice THAT REALLY WORKS!