Whoever said that “the only good scorpion is a dead scorpion” must have been from Arizona! Scorpions by design are not only menacing looking creatures, but are also venomous by nature and can inflict potentially life-threatening stings to their prey. Bug & Weed Mart can tell you exactly how to get rid of scorpions in your home.
With the upcoming changing of the seasons, take the time now to get rid of scorpions in your home:
- Keep all sides of your home free from debris, leaves, wood piles, etc.
- Fill in any holes in your foundation or cracks in your walls that might provide an entrance into your home
- Caulk around doors and windows
- Apply treatment granules in a 2-5 foot band around all sides of your home
- Apply outside spray two feet up home walls, around door/window frames, and along eaves, garage door frame, sidewalks, and patio
- Apply inside spray along all baseboards in every room, in closets, and around door/window frames
Next, remove the clutter from inside your home, too.
Since scorpions often feed on centipedes, spiders, and crickets, you should also keep people food and pet food in air tight containers inside the home, and trash in closed, locking cans outside the home. By curbing an invitation to these other pests, you will reduce the potential for a scorpion to follow them into your home.
Bug & Weed Mart offers a proven, successful prevention method to get rid of scorpions using a combination of well-developed sprays and granules. Check out our helpful demonstration videos to see how to apply granules and how to get rid of scorpions in your home.
Come see us at any of our six Valley-wide locations and tell us how we can help!