How to Get Rid of Scorpions in Your Home

Whoever said that “the only good scorpion is a dead scorpion” must have been from Arizona! Scorpions by design are not only menacing looking creatures, but are also venomous by nature and can inflict potentially life-threatening stings to their prey. Bug & Weed Mart can tell you exactly how to get rid of scorpions in your home.

With the upcoming changing of the seasons, take the time to make your home scorpion-proof:

• Keep all sides of your home free from debris, leaves, wood piles, etc.
  • Fill in any holes in your foundation or cracks in your walls that might provide an entrance into your home
  • Caulk around doors and windows
  • Apply treatment granules in a 2-5 foot band around all sides of your home
  • Apply outside spray two feet up home walls, around door/window frames, and along eaves, garage door frame, sidewalks, and patio
  • Apply inside spray along all baseboards in every room, in closets, and around door/window frames

Next, remove the clutter from inside your home, too.

Since scorpions often feed on centipedes, spiders, and crickets, you should also keep people and pet food in air tight containers inside the home, and trash in closed, locking cans outside the home. By curbing an invitation to these other pests, you will reduce the potential for a scorpion to follow them into your home.

Bug & Weed Mart offers a proven, successful prevention method to get rid of scorpions using a combination of well-developed sprays and granules. Check out our helpful demonstration videos to see how to apply granules and how to get rid of scorpions.

Come see us at any of our five locations and tell us how we can help!

2017-04-26T11:33:10+00:00 December 14th, 2011|Do-It-Yourself Pest Control, Scorpions|29 Comments

29 Comments

1. Sam July 4, 2012 at 11:25 pm - Reply

Can I buy your products online?

• Bug & Weed Mart July 5, 2012 at 12:07 pm - Reply

Hi Sam, thank you for your inquiry. We have 5 stores across the greater-Phoenix area where we sell our products, but no, we do not sell on-line. Hopefully you can make it into one of our stores; we are open everyday except Sunday.

Thanks again,
      Bug & Weed Mart

2. Dawn Marie September 13, 2012 at 3:01 pm - Reply

Thank you for this information! My husband was referred to your company by his boss. A question I have regards an outdoor vent that is on the side of our home. I guess it is a dryer vent. Is it possible for scorpions to get into the home through this vent? I was thinking about putting a screen of some sort inside to seal the vent off from anything getting into it.

• Joe October 10, 2012 at 11:09 am - Reply

Yes, scorpions are often found entering here. A combination of caulk, compressed foam, mesh, and applicable insecticides together can change things quickly! For the chemical part, stop on in and we can show you some solutions!

3. Lisa March 8, 2013 at 4:19 am - Reply

My husband got stung this morning by a baby scorpion and of course I immediately researched how many babies they have instead of going back to sleep at 4am. He left a pair of pants on the floor like a guy and reached into his pocket and the little creep was in there! OMG I live here in AZ and I’ve never seen one here in my home but I’ve got some crack and crevice searching to do and I really hope there is not more. I have small children and I’m pregnant and nesting so I definitely don’t need a nest of these around. Thanks for any more advice you can give.

4. Joe March 8, 2013 at 10:47 am - Reply

Hi Lisa, sorry to hear about your hubby’s sting.

Before applying any chemical, to be proactive against these critters, it is imperative that any potential besting areas outside the home be considered. For example, if a wood plie, lumber/building materials, landscaping debris, untrimmed shrubs, leaf piles, etc abut your home, you essentially are now providing a microclimate for pests. Remove/relocate these as best possible to at least 10′ away from the home.

Then, if you have taken the steps of applying the proper granular treatment for the landscaped and yard areas, as well as used the right spray for the sides of the home, patios, awnings, etc., then you are off to a good start! If problems continue, let’s talk about where, how many, and how “active” any future scorpions appear should they wind up in your home again.

Hope this helps?
    Joe

5. Robyn A White May 19, 2013 at 7:53 am - Reply

We have some brown, red, and white scorpions in the house I have used Home Defense for these pests kills on contact. I’m applying the Demon on the outside. A gentleman told me to spray around 8:00pm cause they only come out at night. But I have seen some during the day also.

• bugandweed May 20, 2013 at 11:35 am - Reply

It is a futile process, indeed, to try to “control” scorpions by contact treatments, as Home Defense did. Demon will give some residual. Regardless of the time of day or night that you spray, the best results typically are from the right spray + granule combination to form a protective barrier around the home. We can show you 2-3 great sprays and the right granular product to get rid of those colorful scorpions!

6. Crystal June 25, 2013 at 8:10 pm - Reply

If we spray, could we possibly “flush” scorpions inside our home?

• bugandweed June 26, 2013 at 10:34 am - Reply

Yes, Crystal, to some extent, you can expect the correct spray, mixed at the proper dose, and applied to the right areas, to help rid you of scorpions. To maximize your efforts though, we strongly suggest adding a special granular application to certain landscape areas as well. The combination of these consistently deliver impressive results. Sometimes, there may be a need to treat specific cracks and voids with other products, all of wich we carry as well.

Hope this helps?

7. Jam June 27, 2013 at 8:22 pm - Reply

Is there a way that you can get me the names of the product combination? I live in southern Texas so I can’t really get to Az. Thank you

• bugandweed June 28, 2013 at 4:26 pm - Reply

We like Suspend, Cy-Kick, Temprid, Tempo, and Delta Eight as products (used individually or together) to combat Scorpions.

• Jeremy thomasson June 27, 2016 at 8:46 pm - Reply

How about diamathisearth Maybe spelled wrong

• 910 West June 30, 2016 at 8:07 am - Reply

Diatomaceous earth won’t do it. You can use but will STILL need to do the normal steps (the right granule/spray combo) at minimum. Please come in to one of our 5 valleywide stores, or if you’re not local, feel free to call us and we’ll help you with the right products. Thanks for your question.

8. 910 West February 24, 2014 at 9:28 pm - Reply

Mary Jane,
    Thank you for your interest, but a lot of what we sell is not available for sale in NV. If you would like, call us at our Phoenix store, and we can help you determine the right products, provide you with instruction on using them, and ship to you in a few days via UPS ground.

Thanks,
    Joe – Manager, Phoenix Store
    Bug & Weed Mart
    5030 N Central Ave
    Phx, AZ 85012
    602-265-0046

9. shiela March 30, 2014 at 6:34 am - Reply

small brown scorpions in my home Help? your info. was helpful also. i do have loose rocks outside and i live in the woods very rural

• Joe April 1, 2014 at 11:10 am - Reply

Hi Shiela, definitely come and see us for that woodsy environment, the moisture will help the granules. We also can show you a dust for webs, really does the trick!

Cheers,
      Joe-Mgr, Phx Store
      Bug & Weed Mart

10. 910 West July 9, 2014 at 8:40 am - Reply

Hi June, thanks for writing us and sorry for your current scorpion invasion. You did the right thing in contacting us, and we are definitely happy to help! We can easily ship the needed products to you via UPS ground service. Often times the products we use are restricted in other states and so we ship to the customer.

What I recommend you use are the delta 8 granules, and separate spray concentrates for outdoor (perhaps Cy-Kick) and indoor (several choices). We can make recommendations AND provide you with all the info on how much to mix, where to apply it, how often to apply it, and how to ensure safety and proper storage, maintenance for your sprayer, and preventative steps, too.

Please give me a call and we can figure out exactly how much product you need and where to ship it.

Joe
    Manager, Phoenix Store
    602-265-0046

11. Gabby December 3, 2014 at 1:59 am - Reply

What about Texas ? Any way to buy your product here in Texas?

12. Irene December 3, 2014 at 9:29 pm - Reply

I’ve been finding scorpions from as small as a dime to as bid as a golf ball I’ve gotten stung once and was okay about 2hrs later but I have babies in my home and need to keep them from coming around how do I do that without using harmful chemicals… and the chemicals you use are they okay for1 year olds and 3 years old. .. I’ve only found since I’ve been here for 8 month’s and found 4 all together small as a dime to a quarter size two of those and the one that stung me was the size of a golf ball

• 910 West January 14, 2015 at 9:42 pm - Reply

Yes, our scorpion control products are safe for small children and proven to work.

13. camellia vera June 5, 2015 at 5:47 pm - Reply

Please i how do yo tell the difference. Between. Male and. Female. Scorpions. Im be invaded by these creatures. Help m get rid of them

14. IJames September 30, 2015 at 9:13 pm - Reply

Hello,
    I find Scorpions occassionally in my house, got stung by one too. I have an indoor cat, are there any pet safe indoor sprays to battle scorpions? they freak me out, I think they live in the walls. I don’t have clutter around the house, just some decorative mulch and a few river rocks, the rest is my lawn. Do they find entry through the roof?

• 910 West October 1, 2015 at 3:59 pm - Reply

Hello! Thank you for reaching out to us. You can definitely take some responsible, safe, effective steps using our products to keep scorpions out. Our advice would be to treat the exterior with a combination of the right spray and granules. They work amazingly well! That would be the “heart” of your treatment. We also will recommend you use an indoor spray, periodically.

Our professional, EPA-approved products ALL are safe to apply, won’t hurt your pets or plants, and won’t stain or smell.
      To determine your needs, best bet is to come visit us, and let our manager show you our recommendations. We have 5 stores Valley-wide.
      If you do not live close by, give us a call and we can help you over the phone. Good luck!

15. Her)inda Garansuay June 24, 2016 at 2:02 pm - Reply

Hi,can u please tell me if those bug zappers from Bell and Howell ultrasonic pest Repelled help with the brown scorpions help. I found a small one in my house. I’m just my little dachshund didn’t see it cause she likes to kill anything that wiggles. It’s hard for me to spray because I’m disabled and my landlords put a bomb on attic. I don’t think she will do anything more then that because I told her I didn’t want any of those bombers inside because I’m afraid of slipping.plesea help. Thanks. Tried to tell her the duplex next to mine which belongs to her too. Is about 4-5 ft high. Wouldn’t doubt that has something to do with it too.

• Bug & Weed Mart June 27, 2016 at 3:35 pm - Reply

FYI–those ultrasonic gimmicks do NOT work. Not enough SPL (Sound Pressure Level) to affect scorpions. Or roaches, for that matter. To get enough SPL to work, it would affect human behavior.

16. Steve C July 21, 2016 at 7:43 am - Reply

How do you propose to treat attics? It is a habitat for scorpions and most, if not all, of your products work with the house foundation and lower walls.

• 910 West July 25, 2016 at 5:02 pm - Reply

Good question, Steve. Sometimes it is helpful to “flush” an attic by using either aerosol bombs or insecticide dust. This is something that you don’t usually have to do too often (or sometimes ever; but if the house was vacant or untreated for a time, it may be helpful), and you are correct that treating the exterior of the home (and property) with the right spray + granular combination is the best defense against scorpions in your attic or anywhere in your home.

17. […] Get rid of scorpions […]