Fall in much of Arizona is the time of year that residents most enjoy, with its cooler temperatures and clear blue skies. The beautiful weather makes fall outdoor entertaining ideal. The current trend in yard design is to make your backyard an extension of your interior living space. Some of the most popular ways to turn your yard into a living space is to add an outdoor kitchen with all the modern features, including cook top, sink and refrigerator.
Firing up the grill and having a party on the patio is also an affordable way to spend time with family and entertain friends. Throw in some outdoor games like bocce ball or corn hole and your guests may never want to leave your backyard.
Instead of cooking up burgers and hotdogs, give this recipe a go the next time you plan on entertaining outdoors:
Greek Style Garlic Chicken Breast
First off, mosquitoes are repelled by garlic, among other things, so loading up on this vegetable in the fall months is a good idea if you plan on spending much of your time outdoors. This recipe serves 4 people. The prep time is 10 minutes, the cooking time is 25 minutes on medium heat, but for best results let the chicken marinade overnight.
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 teaspoons of crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 ½ teaspoons of black pepper
- 1/3 teaspoon paprika
Prep and directions:
- Cut 3 slits in each chicken breast to allow marinade to penetrate
- Whisk all the other ingredients together
- Place the chicken in a large container and cover with marinade, using your hands to work it into meat
- Put a lid over the container and refrigerate overnight
For more great grill recipes, check out allrecipes.com.